Elevators: “Cutting through the Jargon”
Thursday October 12th, 2017
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
180 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
Presented by Ray DeMeyer, P.Eng.; Principal; VERTECH Elevator Services Inc. Engineering & Consulting
Ray DeMeyer is the Principal Consultant and Engineer for VERTECH Elevator Consulting which offers elevator consulting services to the building industry. He has over 30 years experience in the elevator industry and specialized knowledge of the B44 Elevator Safety Code and other codes for elevating devices.
Ray is a member of the BCSA Elevating Devices Technology Advisory Committee and participates in ad-hoc issue groups related to Emergency Operation of Elevators, Elevator Code Adoption, etc.. He holds a degree in Mechanical Engineering and is a registered professional engineer. Ray was the recipient of the 2015 Lieutenant Governor’s Safety Award for Excellence in Elevating Safety. The topic of discussion and presentation is titled: “Elevators – Cutting through the Jargon” and it will touch on a variety of topics ranging from the various types of elevators and Elevating devices available today, relevant codes and regulations, differing and emerging technologies and other unique elevator requirements that one might encounter on a new or existing building project.
So come with questions, as there will be a Q & A period also.
More Information/Register by Fax
- Nov 2 - Trade Show - Vancouver's 150 Year Celebration/Preservation is Celebration!
- Dec 7 - District Energy Systems - Intelligent Connection!
- Jan 11 - Legal Topic (TBD)
- Feb 8 - Single Ply Roofing Membrane Symposium
- Mar 8 - Specifications, BIM and Preserving the Decision Process Throughout the Design Cycle
- Apr 12 - Mass Timber Framing and the Building Code
- May 10 - Building Tour (TBD)
- May 23-27 - CSC National Conference 2018 in Edmonton - Building on Collaboration
Online Event Registration