Passive House Toolbox
Thursday, March 14, 2019
Monte Paulsen, Passive House Specialist, RDH Building Science Inc.
Presentation Summaryand Learning Objectives:
- What is Passive House? What is the Passive House Standard?
- How it is similar/different to BC’s 2012 building code.
- Why Passive House is growing in BC, examples of PH projects
- Why form factor matters to PH projects
- How to plan a Passive House project: The importance of detailing early.
- City of Vancouver opportunities and requirements for PH projects.
Monte Paulsen is one of Canada’s most experienced Passive House professionals. He leads the Passive House team at RDH Building Science, which has consulted to or certified more than 70 projects totalling 4 million square feet of Passive House, including homes, offices, institutions, affordable mid-rise, and luxury high-rise projects.
Monte helped found the non-profit now known as Passive House Canada, and was the organization’s first Passive House trainer. He has presented Passive House conferences in Europe and North America. He recently served on the advisory board for the 23rd International Passive House conference in Gaobeidian, China. And he teaches specialty courses, such as the “A Pattern Language from Passive House.”
180 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
CSC members: $38.00 + GST
Non-members: $48.00 + GST
More Information/Register by Fax (604) 321-6794 (Cloverdale Paint Byrne Road, Burnaby Store)
Don't forget to mark your calendars for the CSC Conference: (click on logo for details)