Specifications, BIM and Preserving the Decision Making Process Throughout the Design Cycle
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
180 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
Presented by Alex Bear, AEC-CSI.
The construction industry is fragmented and inefficient: research has shown that there is a significant productivity gap when compared with other sectors of the economy. The reasons for this include badly coordinated project information, a lack of collaboration and a reluctance to adopt digital technologies. These can be avoided by enabling access to necessary information to all parties during all stages of the project.
In this presentation Alex will explain how information could be structured to ensure that there is clarity and transparency of decision making and responsibilities. He will look at how information in different ‘information silos’ such as drawings, schedules and specifications can be coordinated and accessed. Finally, Alex will also explore how emerging digital technologies can disrupt the old methods and enable the industry to improve productivity and collaboration across a project team.
1. How to have a standardized approach to construction project information through specifications.
2. How to coordinate project information in a collaborative environment through project lifecycles.
3. How BIM and emerging digital technologies can disrupt outdated methods and enable collaboration.
Alex Bear National Account Manager AEC – CSI, oversees and manages a territory spanning 3 countries and 13 states within the USA. He is dedicated to ensuring that clients are delivered highly effective AEC technology solutions to maximize production of construction specifications (SpecLink-E), cost estimates (CostLink AE), and quality control and coordination with other prevalent BIM programs such as Revit for architecture and engineering. He has over 12 years of sales, marketing, and account management experience between two different industries, and is a graduate of Business and Marketing from the University of West Georgia. Alex Bear is an experienced business professional, who has effectively helped prevalent architecture firms, engineering firms, and Fortune 500 organizations adopt technology to improve their businesses and operations, and demonstrates a reputation for achieving great outcomes for customers that maximize the potential of people and systems.
Approved for 1 AIBC Core Learning Unit
More Information/Register by Fax
- Mar 8 - Specifications, BIM and Preserving the Decision Process Throughout the Design Cycle
- Apr 12 - Mass Timber Framing and the Building Code
- May 10 - Building Tour (TBD)
- May 23-27 - CSC National Conference 2018 in Edmonton - Building on Collaboration
Online Event Registration