Specifying and Coordinating Fire Suppressions Systems: “How to put out fires”
Thursday September 7th, 2017
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
180 West Georgia Street, Vancouver
Presented by Keith Trulson, Eng.L., AScT, Associate - Fire Protection, Integral Group
Fire suppression design and engineering encompasses life and building safety systems to NFPA standards in accordance with applicable building codes. Recent changes to local building bylaw codes have required full fire suppression designs, which must be implemented at the building permit stage.
It is important to provide all facets of fire suppression design from specifications, schematics, design development and working drawings, hydraulic calculations, system sizing, fire pump requirements (if required) and seismic load calculations. Projects that incorporate full fire suppression designs also ensure that tendering of projects will lessen on-site construction extras, installation delays, or fines due to late fire suppression permit application.
For over 25 years, Keith Trulson has provide fire suppression design and engineering services to Contractors, Architects and Mechanical Consultant in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. Keith is also able to work in a REVIT based environment using the latest BIM software. Previously, Keith was President of Tru-Line Technologies, a fire suppression engineering consulting business.
From an early age, Keith has been interested in mechanical engineering, and has pursued a career that combines engineering knowledge with practical hands on experience. Committed to providing quality services, he designs to NFPA standards in conjunction with Building Codes. Understanding the serious nature of his work, he holds paramount the safety, health and welfare of the public, as well as the protection of the environment.
So come with questions, as there will be a Q & A period also.
More Information/Register by Fax
- Jul 20 - CSC SPEC GOLF 2017
- Sep 7 - Specifying and Coordinating Fire Suppressions Systems: “How to put out fires”
- Oct 12 - Elevators - Cutting Through the Jargon
- Nov 2 - Trade Show - Vancouver's 150 Year Celebration/Preservation is Celebration!
- Dec 7 - District Energy Systems - Intelligent Connection!
- Jan 11 - Legal Topic (TBD)
- Feb 8 - Single Ply Roofing Membrane Symposium
- Mar 8 - Specifications, BIM and Preserving the Decision Process Throughout the Design Cycle
- Apr 12 - Mass Timber Framing and the Building Code
- May 10 - Building Tour (TBD)
- May 23-27 - CSC National Conference 2018 in Edmonton - Building on Collaboration
Online Event Registration