Upcoming Related Event
CaGBC Materials and Health Summit
June 2 + 3, 2015
Vancouver Convention Center
Come a day early for Building Lasting Change, attend full-day Materials and Health Summit June 2 at the Vancouver Convention Centre
At the Materials and Health Summit you'll hear first-hand from industry leaders and experts about the science of green building products and materials, as well as their make-up and health potential. Sessions will also examine the key features of the tools and programs that can help manufacturers and owners optimize and market these products to the industry and tenants.
The full agenda is as follows. Click here to view the schedule and additional details.
- The Science Behind Green Building Materials with Vivian Loftness, University Professor and Paul Mellon Chair of Architecture, Carnegie Mellon University, and Bruce Lanphear, Professor in Faculty of Health Sciences at Simon Fraser University.
- The Owner and Tenant Perspective with representatives from the University of British Columbia, TD Bank and Genentech.
- Material Requirements in LEED v4 with Brendan Owens, Chief of Engineering at the U.S. Green Building Council.
- The Tools and Programs to Help You - including an exploration of Cradle to Cradle, GreenScreen, Environmental Product Declarations, Health Product Declarations, and Declare. With: Susan Klosterhaus, Vice President, Science and Certification, Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute; Amelia Nestler, Consultant, Clean Production Action; James Connelly, International Living Future Institute; and Mike Manzi, Specifications Manager, Boora architects.
- Evaluate and Understand Health and Life-Cycle Impacts of Products, led by Max Richter, Senior Architect, and Kathy Wardle, Associate Principal and Director of Research, both of Perkins & Will.
Member rate: $250 + HST
Non-member rate: $350 + HST
Just a reminder to CSC members with LEED AP accreditation: You can earn 7 GBCI CE hours contributing to your credential maintenance.
2014-2015 Program (Updated Sep 18, 2014)
- May 27-31 - CSC National Conference 2015 in Winnipeg
- Jun 2-3 - CaGBC Materials and Health Summit
- Sep 10 - SPEC GOLF 2015
Online Event Registration